Don't Wait To Start

Don’t wait to start. 
One of many things I have learned through life is don’t wait to start. Time moves so incredibly fast.  If you don’t purposefully carve time out every day to make progress and improve whatever you wish to accomplish,without question, your time will get lost in our increasingly crowded lives. Before you know it, you’ll be old and witheredwondering where all that time went. I feel like I should still be in my 20’s, but I am in my 50’s!!
I waited many years to actively start doing many things I enjoy today including writing. I have been guilty of waiting for the right moment when I’d have enough time, money and whatever else I thought I needed. I was waiting until I was somehow qualified or had permission to do what I wanted to do. We all do that don’t we? But you are never prequalified. There is no degree for “live your dreams.” You qualify yourself by showing up and working. Then you continue to work until you master what you are attempting to fulfill in your life. The truth is, you get permission by deciding.
Life is incredibly short. Don’t wait for tomorrow for something you could do today! Your future self will either thank you or shamefully defend you. May I make a suggestion? Let your future self thank you! Why live with regrets? Create the future you desire by starting right now! I spent 30 years living one of my biggest dreams, having a career in the radio industry. A number of years ago, I was dismissed from my last radio job as a station manager. I was out of the industry I thoroughly enjoyed! Recently, I made contact with the General Manager of a local station, who also hosts a talk show. I asked him if I could sit in on his show, thankfully he said yes! I told him I just needed to scratch the itch of needing to be in a studio and watch radio happen.
After the show, we talked over old times and changes in the industry. I thanked him for allowing me to sit in and was proceeding to leave, when he asked me a question that quite literally stopped me in my tracks, “Have you ever thought about getting back into radio? My immediate answer, before thinking of what I was saying, I uttered, “Everyday!”
Since then, I have on a weekly basis been recording programs for later broadcast and producing a live broadcast on Sunday evenings. So, don’t give up. If you don’t know all the information of what to do or how to get started, ask someone in that field. If you don’t have access to them, get credible information from trustworthy websites. The point is, DO SOMETHING! Don’t wait to start!

Here is a powerful truth for you to consider!

“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.” —Harold Hill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Thought Life

Healthy Eating Ideas

Purpose