Your Vision

Your vision of who you want to be is your greatest asset.
“Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” —Oprah Winfrey


This statement made by Oprah is a powerful one to say the least. While I’m not a fan of what Oprah teaches, because as you know, she is a great believer of New Age philosophy, there is no doubting the truth in the statement above.

As children, we had an incredible imagination, with dreams of what we would become when we grew up. Some fulfilled those dreams, sadly most have not. Many of us grew up quickly and did not have the opportunity to chase and catch those dreams. I was one who did catch the dream, but I got comfortable and took for granted that it would never end. As you well know, reality does set in and you find out nothing lasts forever.

As you and I have discovered, we have to continue dreaming and setting goals to continue progressing effectively through life.

“No matter where you are right now, you can have any future you want.” That is a statement you hear often, but is it true? I have to answer that it is partially true. The reason is, God has put certain skills and abilities inside of us. If I were to say, “I am going to climb Mt. Everest next week and I will not need to prepare for the climb.” That isn't realistic, at all. I could potentially do it in the future, but I would need to prepare and train. Another important element is desire. I have no desire to climb that mountain. Desire is a key element to continuing to follow through with what you have before you.

But one thing is for certain, what you plant you must harvest. So please plant with intention. Your thought process is key. Mental creation always precedes physical creation. You must look at what natural skills you have and begin there. When I look at things I desire, I begin in the media world. That is the way my mind functions. I include writing in this category. That is part of my make up.

The blueprint you design in your head becomes the life you build, but you must have a blueprint! You start with your thought process. You may have to go to a quiet place, to get alone with God and let Him begin to prompt on the inside of yourself, what He has placed there and begin the discovery process.

Don’t let society tell you how your house (life) should look. You are an artist and a creator of the life you are to discover and then live out that life. Build the foundation from what you discover from your time with God. Your life can be exactly how you want it, whether or not it’s considered a “mansion” by others. Home is where your heart is.


Let the discovery begin!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Thought Life

Healthy Eating Ideas

Purpose